In answer to my own question...
While attempting to hot tighten, I had the parts laid out and plugged in, but not assembled inside the print head when I got the error.
In desperation, I assembled the print head on the printer, and then started up printer. Found Home, raised the print head 60mm and over on the X axis until I could fit the wrench (about 150mm or so). I raised the temperature and no error thus far.
Lesson learned, hot tighten on the TAZ 5 fully assembled.
I wouldn't get a lulzbot until it becomes more clear as they will find a buyer and survive the "restructuring" They let about 90% of their workforce go. So I'd stick with something safer or open source where there is a good chance of getting parts and support
Hi...in my case the adjustment screw for tension is overly difficult to adjust, and from the factory set very tightly. On the flip side you can sortve see where the filament is going if youre having trouble loading it. It doesnt seem to feed 1.75mm as well as the original extruder does, after a couple attempts just to see (since I had files sliced already) i gave up and sliced again. The fan mount is a bit better placed so you can still see the nozzle and get to it to clean it easier. I was disappointed that for the price it did not come with a silicone sock already on it.
assembly and pcb
I am sorry for us getting to this one so late but hopefully the information I am providing will be useful to others in the future! So this kind of issue is most of the time caused by the previously loaded material is not heating up to temp fully causing a slight blockage and excess pressure in the hotend results. In turn this will cause the feed system to grind up the material. To resolve this we would normally recommend to purge the ABS out with a cold pull which you can find the instructions for here.
Give these a shot if you still run into issues or feel free to reach out to us.
@ajusay74 There could be several reasons for this issue. If it occurs at the same layer height for different types of filament, then it is most likely a firmware issue. Feel free to contact us directly if you need to do more of a deep dive on this issue.
Thanks for the reply. I took a chance a just copied the wipe code into MatterControl, replacing the relevant section. Seems to work just fine. I'd be more comfortable if the bed didn't shoot so far forward, as the first tip *just* touches the wipe pad, but I'll worry about tweaking that later.The Y axis for the 2nd extruder was "-50" (*minus* being the key), and seems to be working fine after a couple of test prints. It's weird thinking about how the numbers will be interpreted, but fortunately everyone seems to follow the same co-ordinates, so the dual extruder calibration steps for the TAZ 6 seemed to work just fine in MatterControl. I did see the Printer Profile Bounty. Not sure that I would have any *significant* tweaking to qualify, but I'll keep it in mind.As an aside, love the "Preheat" buttons!Thanks,Dion