NylonX Warping

• The NylonX product is spectacular! I love how tough it is and the finish is great. The only problem is that I'm having a hard time overcoming warping - I presume due to differential thermal contraction.

My printer is the Prusa3D MkIII and I have upgraded to a hardened steel nozzle. To get good layer adhesion I'm using 265C for the extruder temperature and I use a default option of 90C for the bed temperature.

Printed parts tend to "cup" up at the edges - which I can fix while printing by adding a brim to hold them down - but after I remove prints from the bed, they really bend, yielding a convex bottom surface in thick items and a wobbly looking parabaloid shape for thin, flat items (like boxes/enclosures).

Any ideas on how to minimize the warp?

• Global Moderator

Hey @DougBailey ,

As you mentioned, this issue occurs after the print has been removed from the print bed. This would point us to the part and settings.

The first thing I would ask, is what is your infill percentage and top/bottom layer count. These will have the most affect to the post printing.

You can always drop us some pictures in our email at support@matterhackers.com and we can take a look there as well.

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.