Unhandled Exception when slicing

• Having a very strange issue that I am hoping someone else has experienced and has a fix.

I am running the latest version of MC on a dedicated Win7 64 bit computer.
    My printer is a Monoprice Maker Select V2

Here is what happens.

The first 2 days or so, everything works great and I love using MC. Then, with nothing at all changing, I will load a new print and get this
    alt text

All I can do to get out of this is to push Quit and crash the program. And from now on, nothing will print. I get this message even on prints I did yesterday. The only way that I have been able to print again is to format the entire machine and reinstall everything from scratch including Windows. Having to do this every 2 or 3 days is getting very annoying.

I noticed the error always comes during the "loading GCode" part of slicing.

Any help out there??

Thanks

• So just an FYI, after weeks of dealing with this I have found a workaround.

If I slice and choose to print while the model is in 2D mode, than all is great and I can switch back to 3d once print has started, but if I slice in 3D mode, crash. So I guess it has something to do with my video card...

Odd part is, why does it work flawlessly for roughly 2 days then decide to crash?? And no, there are no updates turned on, anti-virus, nothing changes. This machine is dedicated to my 3d Printer with all update functions disabled. Oh well, at least I can print again.

• MatterHackers

Hey @Regnad517

I am sorry that the software decided to give you some grief, this kind of issue happens when MC 2.0 cannot find a file that it needs.

You may want to go into your AppData file and remove MC 2.0 and reinstall it to wipe the system of the old MC 2.0. The next install should be able to update this file and prevent an error.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.