UM2+ Prints dimensionally off in one direction

• Hey all,

Bought a UM2+ a month and half ago, and have been just really getting into the printing game, going through and tuning the printer and what not, and for the most part have been pretty successful, except for when it comes to holding dimension in the Y axis. My X axis is spot on, but my Y axis prints about .008" small when printing a 1" square, anyone have any ideas on what would cause this or how to fix it? I replaced all of the belts, re-aligned the pulleys and axles as they were missing spacers, checked the tension on all of the pulleys multiple times, checked the tension on the short belts/motors multiple times, and just can't for the life of me figure out what the heck is causing this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!

• @jpledger13 Probably your Y steps a bit off. You can connect something like Pronterface (and probably many others but I know pronterface) and do an M503 it should tell you all the settings with the command You should get something like this
    echo:Steps per unit:
    echo: M92 X80.00 Y100.00 Z400.00 E405.00
    Probably different as this is from my printer
    Now you can play with M92 and send different values

When you are happy you can do an M500 to save it

All you need is 1 pulley slightly off dimensionally to get this .008 is not much but if it bothers you maybe (in my case) change the Y 100.00 to 100.01 or whatever until it fits you or you can trt ti calculate it

• @mpirringer Awesome! Something like this is exactly what I've been looking for! I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes, thanks!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.