AnyCubic X Mega Pro Upgrade Advice?

• I have a new Anycubic Mega X (300X300X305) that I want to upgrade to print metal if possible. Any advice with regard as to what is needed and sources for acquiring what is needed please advise....all recommendations are welcome.

I am fairly new to this and time is critical for me to be learning on such a steep learning curve. Thanks if you can help.

• The best advice would be to invest in a professional commercial machine that will cost probably 100x what you bought your mega x for.
    Even with some filaments like the BASF 316L, that MH sells, your machine doesn't exactly meet the heatbed requirements. Link to the MH page with said filament:
    Ultrafuse 316LX

Sorry to be curt, but there is no simple and straight forward path that takes you from hobby machine to industrial machine. Good luck.

• This other guys very helpful I see.
    100 x $599 CAD | $499 USD = a whole lot more than a metal 3d printer costs.

To possibly provide a bit more of a helpful answer this is the heat info you need on your machine:

• Use a Glass Bed with Dimafix for proper adhesion.
    • 225°C +/- 10°C is the optimal printing temperature for most machines. Never exceed 250°C.
    • A heated build plate at 110°C +/- 10°C is nominal for improved adhesion.
    • Use an abrasion resistant nozzle that's clean of any other material.

The info on the filament can also be confirmed here:
    https://www.matterhackers.com/store/c/3d-printer-filament/metal-3d-printing-filament-from-basf

Pros to this machine:
    The nozzle will print upwards of 250 so the 225°C +/- 10°C - this temp is not an issue.

The cons to this machine is "stock and unmodified" the Bed only heats to 90 - you need it at 110
    The bed is also not glass so you need another printing bed.
    and the nozzle is certainly not abrasion resistant.

A few extra 100$ bills and I'm sure you could print some metal. I can guarantee though its not going to cost you almost $50,000 (100x what you paid for the Mega X)

• Upgrading your AnyCubic X Mega Pro can enhance its performance and capabilities. Here are some recommendations to consider:

1. Firmware Upgrade
      Upgrading the firmware can provide improved features and bug fixes. Ensure you use the official firmware from AnyCubic's website or reliable sources in the 3D printing community.

2. Bed Leveling Sensor
      Adding an auto bed leveling sensor, such as a BLTouch, can significantly improve print quality by ensuring the bed is perfectly leveled. This upgrade requires some firmware adjustment and wiring.

3. Better Print Surface
      Upgrade the print surface to a glass bed or a PEI sheet for better adhesion and easier print removal. These surfaces provide a smoother bottom layer and are more durable.

4. Enhanced Cooling
      Improve cooling by installing a better part cooling fan. This can help with bridging and overhangs, resulting in cleaner prints.

5. Extruder Upgrade
      Consider upgrading to a direct drive extruder or a more efficient Bowden extruder. This can improve the printer's ability to handle flexible filaments and reduce issues like filament slipping.

6. Hotend Upgrade
      Upgrading to an all-metal hotend can expand the range of filaments you can use, including high-temperature materials like PETG and ABS.

7. Dual Z-Axis Kit
      Installing a dual Z-axis kit can improve stability and print quality, especially for taller prints. This modification ensures that both sides of the X-axis are lifted uniformly.

8. Enclosure
      Building or buying an enclosure for your printer can help maintain a consistent temperature, reducing warping with materials like ABS. It also provides a safer, quieter environment for your printer.

9. Stepper Motor Dampers
      Adding dampers to your stepper motors can reduce noise and vibration, leading to a quieter and smoother printing experience.

10. OctoPrint Setup
      Setting up OctoPrint allows you to remotely monitor and control your printer. This can be done using a Raspberry Pi and provides a range of plugins for enhanced functionality.

11. Lighting
      Install LED lighting around the print area for better visibility. This can be particularly useful for monitoring prints and making adjustments in low-light conditions.

Conclusion
    Each of these upgrades can enhance different aspects of your AnyCubic X Mega Pro's performance. Prioritize based on your specific needs and the type of printing you do most frequently. Always follow safety guidelines and thoroughly research each modification before proceeding.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.