Subtract & Subtract and Replace

• I am using MatterControl Version 2.19.6.10328.
    I have just started using MatterControl and I cannot get the Subtract & Subtract and Replace commands to work.
    I drag two models from the side bar into the create space and place one resting against the other
    I then select both and click on Subtract icon in the top task bar.
    I then go to the listing on the right hand side where it says Selected Children
    I then select one of the two pieces and click on Update but nothing happens - I understand than one should be subtracted from the other but nothing happens
    Can someone please help?

• MatterHackers

You probably need to download and install the Visual Studio Redistributable from Microsoft. This is installed on most computers but it is possible yours does not have it.

You can find it here.

I also recorded a gif of how it should work. If this is what you are doing, but not getting the results you expect, it is probably that you need to install the redistributable from Microsoft.

subtract

• Thank you, I will load the redistributable from Microsoft. Subtract not working either.

• @larsbrubaker said in Subtract & Subtract and Replace:

You probably need to download and install the Visual Studio Redistributable from Microsoft. This is installed on most computers but it is possible yours does not have it.

You can find it here.

I also recorded a gif of how it should work. If this is what you are doing, but not getting the results you expect, it is probably that you need to install the redistributable from Microsoft.

subtract

@67exec Hi Did you see this? I had the same probelm, Lars responded here, found your problem today. The Vis Redistributable worked.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.