MC selection lagging

• Hello

I was running MC 1.5 on my laptop and things were relatively fine. I then decided to upgrade my operating system from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10... MC now is pretty much unusable. There is a lag when selecting anything. It lags from a second to a few seconds. Making any kind of change to the settings is a huge time kill.

I have uninstalled and installed, no change.

I can't imagine it would be a graphics issue because MC was working fine with Windows 7.

I am hoping there is something in settings I can change.

Anyone have this issue or some suggestions?

Thanks

Robert

• You could try clearing the application data; perhaps some corrupt data is causing the problem: MatterControl Wiki FAQ: How do I clear the application data?

• Thanks Ryan,

Are you suggesting I delete and reinstall or could a delete of the folder do the trick?

Thanks

Robert

• @StemenInc If corrupt data is the problem, clearing (or moving) the folder then re-launching MatterControl will fix the problem. It's probably better to move it first just to see if the problem is resolved rather than deleting it and losing any settings you might have stored in the program.

If moving (or clearing) the folder doesn't solve the problem then it's something else, possibly Windows-related since that was the only other thing to change.

• hi Ryan

I've been busy with other work projects so I haven't been using my machine for a while. I ended up deleting the folder and rebooting MC with no improvement. I'm stumped and it seems no one else is having this issue. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Rober

• Sorry for the delay in replying.

Nothing else comes to mind... I've heard similar reports of Windows upgrades then MatterControl doesn't work exactly the same afterwards, but nothing's come to light that would point to a definitive source. If you have any relevant error logs you could try sending those, but as the problem is related to lagging it doesn't seem likely that any error reports would be generated. Here's a link for how to generate those reports if they exist: http://wiki.mattercontrol.com/Send_Debugging_Information#Windows

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.