So sorry for the delay in getting back to you!
Is the unit itself not charging/ does not power on or does the unit just not show a bettery indication with a higher charge level?
If that is the case-
The reality is that the tablet is a bit "hacked" together, and that the charging functionality about which you're concerned is actually functioning normally. The battery indicator does not function properly, but this does not mean that the tablet is not actually charging.
I realize this isn't the greatest presentation of a product. Still, our company name implies a willingness to hack things together to make them work, and as far as we're concerned, it works, albeit not as expected.
If you did want to reinstall the software on the tablet, I have included the instructions below:
- Swipe down from the top right of the screen twice, which will bring up a menu. Select 'Settings' then navigate to Backup and reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything.
- The tablet will reset; wait for Android to start up again.
- Proceed through the Welcome wizard: set up wifi, sign into Google, etc.
- When you are prompted with 'Select a home app', click the entry for 'Launcher' > Just once.
- Click OK at the bottom right to dismiss the 'Make yourself at home' screen overlay.
- Find the APK download links at the bottom of this email. Use the Browser app (globe icon on the home screen) to access this email from your email client (e.g. Gmail) and proceed.
- Download the APK(s)
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull up the context menu as you did in step 1, and navigate to the SETTINGS app. Change the following settings:
Display -> Set 'Sleep' to Never
Security -> Set Screen lock to 'None', make sure 'Unknown Sources' is checked, and 'Verify apps' is unchecked
Developer Options -> Make sure 'Stay Awake' is checked
- Press the home button (bottom center, shaped like a house), click the entry for 'Launcher' > Just once, and navigate to the 'File manager' app (manila file folder), found in the app selector screen.
- Navigate to '0 > Download' and open each APK file to install both the launcher and the app. Click 'Done' when each is installed; DON'T click 'Open'.
- When both apps are installed, press the home button again (bottom center, shaped like a house), but this time choose the blue 'Launcher' (with T10 at the top right), NOT the MatterControlLauncher, and select 'Always'
- Do not click the UPDATE link until you've launched MatterControl, which you do by pressing the PRINT button.
From there, all should be well, and you should be able to use the app as expected. If not, let me know and we'll go from there.