Heating failed PRINTER HALTED Please reset

• Re: Heating failed

Hello, Im having the same issue. I've been printing all weekend with no issues whatsoever but I was wiping the glue off of my glass bed with a damp rag and I tried to print right afterwards. Now, my LCD readout is just saying "Heating failed PRINTER HALTED Please reset", whenever I attempt to print.

I exported the Gcode terminal and right when the error message pops up on the LCD control screen, I see this in the G Code terminal:

<-ok T:27.4 /0.0 B:28.5 /70.0 @:0 B@:127 [60.013]

<-Error:Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed [60.227]

<-Error:Printer halted. kill() called! [60.227]

I looked around on some other forums and read this:
    https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/2323

Last comment in the thread was:

Ok, I solved the problem, Cartridge Heater was getting broken.
    After replacement, the temperature rises quickly.

I dont want to go and start tearing the printer apart. How can I determine definitively if the heater cartridge id indeed the problem?

Thanks in advance.

• MatterHackers

@dennisgyor I assume from your post that the error was generated by the bed, but often times the error comes from the hot end. It sounds as if the thermistor may have a short on the circuit or that the component has failed. The error is in essence a "time out" state when the bed is not heated to printing temperature during a set amount of time. First, look to see if the thermistor is showing any reading on the ambient temperature besides 0C. Next, using a multimeter check to see that the thermistor has some resistance. If so, then the thermistor is fine. Then you can work your way to the heating element and whether it is heating or if it is receiving enough power to heat to the correct temperature.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.