Nylon X print issues

• Been trying to print a large piece for a plasma table project. Fighting warping and adhesion issues. Finally got the adhesion fixed. This time the print stuck to the bed and warped the entire layer lock bed with it. This is a large print. It comes within an .25 inch of the edge on 3 two sides. Any tips on settings. Basically running factory settings in Matter Control for NylonX. Haven’t done much with NylonX filament. Haven’t really had a project that I’ve really needed it. I have mainly printed PETG on my pulse with good success.

• Global Moderator

@azplasma That is a Nylon issue where it warps the plate right off the magnetic bed. When this happens, pull forces up to 43,000 psi can be exerted on the build plate.

To solve this issue, you need to adhere a new layerlock sheet to something magnetic other than spring steel. I suggest purchasing a custom cut galvinized steel sheet 0.100" thick. This will have even greater adhesion to the magnetic base and will not bend from warping.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.