PetG + Glass bed, PETG doesn't stick

• I put a glass bed on my Pulse since I had major warping issues with my buildtak on the outer edges as I go away from the center. Now it's the opposite and I noticed something... Near the center I'm getting significant temp drops as seen in this video, and I even compare it to another printer.

https://youtu.be/gFjbn8EVSUU

Any ideas on how to resolve PETG not sticking ? I'm trying to print in a translucent green color, which is not really available much in PLA (for the translucent characteristic and in this particular shade).
    Thank you!

• MatterHackers

@cestlasara Try blue painters tape on top of the glass bed and use PVA gluestick where needed. You can drop the heated bed temperature to about 50C.

• Hmm I feel like the more layers I add, the cooler it gets... I'm just curious as to why I would get a sub 35C actual glass bed read when I set it to 70C... I'd understand if it was like 5ish C cooler but a whole entire 35C jump is huge. I'll try to remove the glass bed and do some bare bed temperature reads on the surface. I also forgot to note - I also have the same thermal pad between both of the printers in the video provided. Both glass beds are 3mm thick.

• Resolved the issue:

• Increased Bed temp to 90C
    • Turned off fans for the whole print in MatterControl (because this significantly drops the bed temp)
    • With the fans OFF the glass surface in the middle now reads +/- 10F within target instead of -95F (~35C) below target heat bed
    • Kept the glass plate on, no painters tape ( I tried painters tape, it was ok for the first layer but after that I switched back to the glass plate)

• First off, congratulations on this guest post service. All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts. Great share and thanks again for the mention here, https://vacancysquare.com/

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.