I've become a non-person

• I'm not sure what happened but my account history has been wiped clean. The info in my profile is gone and every post I've made is gone. I had recently posted about prints being about 10% smaller then expected (I now know some of that is do to shrinkage) and had asked about creating hex shapes and aligning them with other objects. I had bookmarked that post for future reference but now I get an error that the page no longer exists. Just curious what happened.

• MatterHackers

@bionicback321 I remember the post. I'm not sure what happened, but I suspect that the thread and perhaps your account got deleted or banned accidentally due to spam. Message me your original user name and I'll see if I can track it down.

• @bionicback321 Dont use SPAM like titles for your posts. This site getting dumped on with SPAM

• @mavin My last post was about my prints being smaller then what I designed in Matter Control software (and I gave a couple examples). One object had to be scaled up by about 10% to get the 4mm nut to fit. I can't for the life of me figure out what was in the title or the post that looked like spam. I see post for meds and supplements which are obvious spam, but I was asking about what I now know to be, to some extent, shrinkage (although I don't know if that accounts for the whole 10%). I am embarrassed and somewhat humiliated that my account of almost a year was deleted. I wish I knew what it was that triggered the deletion so that I don't do it again. I had gotten some good tips from cope413 which were very helpful, but they are now gone. This leaves me very gun shy about ever posting again for fear of being deleted again. Finding Matter Control software saved my 3D printer from getting chucked in the trash can, and I have learned so much from this forum. I would like to know what I did so that I can avoid Damnatio memoriae in the future.

• @cope413 I sent you a chat from your profile page but I don't know if you got it. My username (bionicback321) remains unchanged as I was able to log in under my original username and password. The forum now shows me as a new member even though I've been on here for almost a year.

• MatterHackers

Supper sorry that happened. I'm sure it had nothing to do with you. We get a lot of spam and it is likely that one of our account managers (maybe even me) deleted your account accidentally going through the steps of getting rid of the spammers.

I sent you a $25 credit to MatterHackers (to the email you use here). I hope that helps take some of the sting out of this. I tried to recover your posts but I think they are gone.

I really appreciate all the effort you have put into the community here. Thanks for all the time you give.

Lars.

• @larsbrubaker Thank you Lars, cope413 was really helping me out with some design issues I was having and I had hoped to keep the link to that post. Up until your reply I was afraid to post anything for fear of getting deleted again, for something I didn't realize I had done. In the future I'll save the really good posts to my computer. It might sound silly, but I really love this program and what it can do. I'm going to re-post my last question about the difference between actual print vs design size because I think there's more going on then just shrinkage. Thanks again.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.