MatterControl 2.0 - Windows 10 - Corrupted Graphics & Slow

• I am experiencing corrupted graphics and significant lag.
    Corrupted graphics only occur after slicing has occurred and the layer model is being displayed.
    Lag is constant.
    0_1632180712779_M.C. Artifacts.PNG
    PC details:
    Windows 10
    64-bit
    CPU - I9-9900K
    32G DDR4
    110G SSD
    DirectX 12
    WDDM 2.6

I've used MatterControl on several PCs, all of which have substantially less processing power without issue. I've also adjusted the setting "Utilize High-Res Monitor" to ON/OFF and restarted M.C. both times.

Is there a known issue with this version? Any help is appreciated! Built this PC to reduce lag that incurred with Fusion 360 (which it helped tremendously), but now M.C. is lagging significantly even after a fresh restart and nothing else running (which shouldn't matter considering I'm running an I9-9900K, SSD, and 32G of RAM.

• Global Moderator

@jhamburg430 I didn't see the video card you listed? If you are using the graphics on the cpu, then there is your problem.

• @tinken Im having the same issue . un useable matter control when using a large model that has have supports to it and sliced,
    stopped using this software as cant use it for large models above 100 x100, previous versions has been ok before February & mays releases
    And im using GPU on the GFX 1060 3GB 32GB ram windows 10 with 8 core 4.2 Ghz

• Global Moderator

@spudnick1uk Most likely, it is your video card driver. The most recent driver is not always the best driver. Also you might want to try adjusting the internal settings.

• MatterHackers

If you can share you file with me (save as to your desktop and then send the .MCX file), I am happy to look and see what the problem is. It is also very helpful if you send me your printer profile that way I can look at what is actually happening in this specific case. Zip and send whatever you can to larsbrubaker@matterhackers.com. Thanks.

0_1652114751103_2022_05_09_09_44_52_Window.jpg

• @tinken 100% not my drivers
    Confirmed I have 100% working GFX
    I normally can play Battlefield 5 while using Matter control as done for a long time and both software works fine.
    with latest software i cant even play the game.

100% confirmed it is the latest software,
    As removed Faulty Matter Control and installed an older version from February 2022 and that version of Matter control works perfectly Using V - 2.21.12.11233

[0_1653209609489_Creality Ender 3 V2.printer](Uploading 100%)

• Global Moderator

I will send you mine. It didn't matter the object, I just used a box primitive that I raised up off the deck and placed supports under it. It didn't crash my system, but it was slow to frozen. I have 32 core processor and 6600 XT 12gig.

• MatterHackers

I have the error happening now and will get a fix for it soon.

Thank you!

• I there a way to see the change log before installing updates

• MatterHackers

You can find them here.

And here is the most recent one (as of this message):

MatterControl 2.22.04 (April, 4, 2022)

Windows Download

Mac Download

Support For Holes

MatterControl now supports Holes. Holes are an intuitive and powerful way to think about designing parts. They create the ability to mark any object in the scene as a negative space. When a hole is combined with another object it will automatically be subtracted.

The hole object can be dragged to the scene and combined with other objects to make holes

Any object can be converted to a hole and it will be subtracted when grouped

Transparent Rendering

You can now set any part to have transparent rendering to help with modeling and placement.

Fuzzy Surfaces

Select any part in the scene, right click it and and 'Convert to Fuzzy Region' in the Modify -> Printing menu. With this tool you can now create a fuzzy effect on any surfaces you want.

Any object can be converted to a region that defines where fuzzy will be applied

Part Settings Object (PRO Tool)

Now with MatterControl PRO you can create settings for a specific part and save them with it. This is tremendously useful when doing commercial printing or adjusting settings that are specific to a single part. Settings are only saved when using MCX files (MatterControls native format). NOTE: Setting are applied to the entire print bed not each part. Separate part settings will be available in a future update.

Settings added to the scene are saved with the design

Additional Improvements

• Boolean operations (combining and subtracting shapes) are dramatically more robust and handle many more conditions
    • We now show the output state of Supports, Wipe Towers and Fuzzy objects in property panel

Bug Fixes

• G-Code generation of long line segments was not applying leveling correctly
    • When switching or adding materials the display did not always update
    • Fixed crash when invalid geometry was added to the scene
    • Repair tools was not honoring 'weld tolerance' correctly

• MatterHackers

A fix has been issue for the slow down bug.

Thank you for reporting this.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.