Z axis probe offset off after a few prints

• just finished my scratch built printer and finally got marlin working and printing better then i hoped it would 😄 almost perfect only one issue left is with the z auto home probe offset i have followed the instructions for setting the z offset brought to 0.0 then temp removed the soft stop and moved the print head down till just snagging a sheet of paper and did a test print and the z was a little high i had to add a additional -.5.. then it was spot on and printing right on but after 5 prints its now every time squashed a little to close so i raised it again and after a few prints its too high again. the auto leveling is working as can see the z leads moving as prints. anyone else had this issue can point me to what might be the cause?

Edit: forgot info XD Marlin latest 1.1.7 main board RamBo 1.3 non mini.

• Update 1/9/2018 Problem persists was printing perfect at 1.5 for last 2 days then started printing to high had to bump to 1.7 😕 not sure i checked everything from probe to lead screws nothing seams to move and is tight. if wasnt for this one issue i could hit print and walk away when it stays every print is spot on then just changes.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.