adding board cooling fan to azteeg x5 gt ?

• anyone have any ideas about adding a fan to cool the board ? im wondering why it doesnt have one? its been getting hot here lately ( only going to get hotter for the next few months ) and im already venting the air outside but im having to reprint my top left z axis mount as it wont stay secure, and it got me to thinking the board has to be getting pretty hot as well. oh and i have an extra fan having had to replace the board fan for another printer and it came in a 2 pack. just unsure where to plug it if at all possible, as the 2 fan slots i can see are already taken and wouldnt really help if hooked up to the part cooling fan or hotend fan. im unfamiliar with smoothie and dont even know if its possible to hook a fan up to turn on when the drivers are used? thanks

• Im wondering if i can just( or have to, for lack of space) relay a fan with the ... dammit. The fan i have is 24v i was trying to use to cool the board, but the hotend fan is 5v im pretty sure , which would run more often than the part cooling fan which is 24v and also not always at full power either.
    Cmon someone has to have an idea? Mrpringer im looking at you!! Your practically the only tech support matterhackers has! Imo
    My knowledge of pcb's extends to the bigtreetech skr e3 v2 i had to put in after i fried a stock creality board. And the firmware i had to learn to create to make it work.
    This is new territory for me and theres nothing i can find in regards to azteeg x5 gt + board cooling fan wiring
    Guess i just have to wing it. Not so scary since finding out
    a replacement wont cost another 450 dollars- fool me once kind of situation .

• MatterHackers

You can cool the board if you'd like, but it shouldn't be necessary - even in summer temperatures. The BSD drivers are rated for 2.4a without cooling, and they are only running at 1.1a
    The board itself should have no issues unless you're above 60C ambient.

If you want to run a 24v fan, you can connect it to the 12v/GND pins right next to pin C39. The screen printing says 12v, but it should be PSU voltage - which is 24v.

• @rbradford1111 No need to add cooling to the Azteeg board, it does not need it. And cooling will not help your prints, that is not the issue.

• Im sorry where do you see im having print problems? not worried about the prints im worried about the board on account of the printed frame parts needing tightening (more and more) every print and now the z rods dont even fit snug. I have that part taken care of
    My question was how can i wire one in
    But your answer being so absolute might explain why im having trouble accomplishing this because it wasnt made to have such amenities.

Follow up question- on the wiring diagram for this board it has a caution to use only low voltage fans- which both my fans are 5v so would running a 24v fan not be a good idea ?

• @cope413 i will get the electronics opened up after this print and snap a photo just for clarification if thats ok. need to get a thermometer or something because it gets 120 here pretty soon but even now it seems like it's getting really hot in there. Ive been printing cf pc which is only at 260c / 100c but with the heat from the back wall of the enclosure from the direct sun outside who needs a heater. I plan to remove the power supply and electronics from the enclosure pretty soon here but even then i would still be wanting to hook up another fan to cool the box it will move to
    I could just go to external ac powered but wheres the fun in that right
    But also in regards to the caution of only using low voltage fans on the wiring diagram? Any thoughts to that?
    Matterhackers apparently took heed as they shipped mine with 2 5v fans ..

• @cope413 But then I was told the Rambo doesnt need cooling either up to 60 C...... Rule of thumb if an electronic part on a board or otherwise gets hot to the touch put a fan on it and/or a heatsink JMO

• @rbradford1111 Sorry, I guess I have you mixed up with someone else. When I did run the Azteeg board, I ran it as hot as 50C in a heated chamber. Anything hotter than that and your BLtouch will no longer function. I run the Duet 3 mini now and my Azteeg sits in on the shelf.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.