Working on electronics for the tester

• alt text
    Menu system with a TFT powered by an Arduino UNO. This communicates with a serial connection to a Mega 2560 which does the heavy lifting
    alt text
    for debugging purposes both arduinos connected to the computer
    Still to do is to make some electronics boards to current control the 3 motors. that means using them as torque motors as for the tester we are interested in measuring the torque. Each of the 3 motors will be controlled in a range from 0 to 40 Amps. The speed feedback will be via encoder so it can be used as a closed loop system and this is the heart of it
    alt text
    the 128:1 compound planetary

• @thwclw Thanks I went for the visuals too right now its I think about 4 kg of HIPS about 20 608 bearings and almost 100 nuts and bolts. if you Want your own all the files are here

https://grabcad.com/library/testequipment-2

you wont print it on a pulse though. This one needs a 300x300 bed or larger as the big ring holder are 286mm end to end. I used HIPS cause I pick it up for less than $10/kg and so its less of a problem if you have to reprint something cause it doesnt fit then if you use Nylon

Now this is one you might be able to print on a pulse
    alt text
    alt text

The Holder is ABS the gears and Rim Nylon 910 and the tire TPU.

All was printed on a Chiron

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.