Rediculous Problem on new Pulse XE

• Ordered a pulse xe, not as my first printer, but my first from MH, thinking that MC and the MH support would be great.

Linux, it turns out isn’t supported by MH, information that is on the website, and after days of trying everything is information that would have likely changed my printer selection. But alas, $1200+ in, i figured it would be a great printer.

My benchy’s have very rough back and left side, while a good right side - the pics i have do have extra stringing, but that’s something i have resolved on other prints. The rough left (rear of the printer) is the part that nothing I do seems to change.

I’ve tried everything, from two computers, SD card, printing from Cura and MC, with every retraction and heat setting, and flow variants I can. I’ve checked, and found the bottom belt was very loose and the X axis had a little wiggle but nothing I could tell. I’ve tried fan full on, fan totally off, everything else imaginable. Any ideas of things to try would be helpful.

Thanks

• @bambam85 Can you post pics of your Benchy? What version of MC are you using? Also what filament are you using?

• @bambam85 If one side is good and not the other its probably something mechanical. I would tighten the Y belt if its loos and check for anything mechanical inhibiting like some dust or other stuff that does not belong make sure both x and y axis move without tight spots. Also mine came among other things with the nozzle loose

• @mpirringer you too? is the heaterblock supposed to ... move so much?

• @rbradford1111 Its supposed to be tight and not moving but the E3D are a pain to assemble right

• Global Moderator

@bambam85 Linux is supported by MatterControl. However it is still a Debian install package.

The E3D hotend is easy to setup as long as you Follow E3D's setup instructions. Another problem is that PulseXE printers ship with a plastic E3D heat sink mounting nut. This always comes loose. I replaced mine with a metal nut and internal star lock washer, which will lock into the plastic mount and the nut to keep it solid. I can't remember the nut size, I think its M12 x 1.5.

alt text
    Specifications

• @tinken my thoughts exactly on the plastic heat sink nut. Not to mention without a socket , trying to tighten in with say a crescent wrench is not the easiest thing to do. But i guess its plastic and cannot withstand that amount of tightening anyway.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.