sense hand held 3d scanner

• we have a sense hand held 3d scanner at our school site. I have been trying to get it to work on my laptop. I downloaded the software that the manual told me to download. I also was able to activate the scanner as well.
    Everytime i go to use the software it says "ERROR: no supported 3d camera detected! for more assistance, see the sense support section of the 3d systems website." well everytime I goto the website it says that the store is discontinued, etc...etc... it is a very evil loop I am stuck in. As I was searching through youtube and the internet, I came across a matterhackers video about using this scanner. Well this is my next step in not going crazy. I remembered the forums...I hope someone out here can help me before we actually get to go back to our school site and I can get this working. Any help or a push in the right direction to get help would be GREATKY appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!!!
    Matt

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.