How do I print multicolor layers using Cura 4.8.0?

• I am new to 3d printing. I have a Creality CR-X dual extruder and am using Cura.4.8.0. I have design that is a block 40mm long by 20mm wide and 7mm height. I want to print the first 6mm height in one color and the last 1mm height (top) in a second color. What step by step setting do I use in Cura 4.8.0 to print the first 6mm height layer in one color and the top 1mm layer in a second color?

• I don't know if you are still looking for details on this or if you, I hope found the answer to your question but I was directed to your message looking for the same information.

Did you get it resolved? Can you direct me to it as well? I'm using cura 4.8 and I can't find any information about it, they even removed the manual from the ultimaker website...

• Global Moderator

This thread is a year old with a question for a software we do not distribute. Now, if you plan on using MatterControl, then we can help you with multicolor layers.

• If you have recently purchased an Ultimaker 3 printer, you may be wondering how to print multicolor layers on it. Fortunately, there are many new features to explore with the new Ultimaker 3 printer, and Cura has been designed to take full advantage of those features. Use one of our guides to help you get started with dual color prints. After downloading Cura, open a new project, and then follow the steps to load the materials and model files.

Cura is an open-source 3D printing software program that works with many types of 3D printers. The software is free and has many benefits, including automatic calibration and a range of pre-tested profiles for beginners. The software also allows dual printing, and supports a number of plugins that allow you to customize the user interface and print settings. For the most accurate and consistent results, Cura can handle multiple 3D printers with ease.

To print multicolor layers, choose your preferred extruder paths. Extruder paths can be different for each printer, but a general rule of thumb is to leave them at everywhere and compare them. Try different settings to see which one produces the best results. Remember to test each one by printing a test print with the different settings. Also, keep in mind that filament retraction speed can affect the printing of raised text.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.