Is Matterhackers support on vacation?

• Hi guys,

I bought a new Pulse XE a couple of months ago, and have had occasion to email Matterhackers support when logged into their webpage.

Of the 3 times I emailed, I have only received 1 reply to my first email on October 26th, I emailed on October 31st and November 11th and have not had a reply to those emails.

Is there some limit to support like 1 issue in a month?

I paid the extra money for the Pulse because it's made in the USA and there was supposed to be great support - did I screw up?

These are the questions I asked - are they too stupid to warrant a reply?

October 31st --------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, still trying to get my new Pulse XE to work properly

Just swapped out the Garolite for buildtak to use with Ryno.

Cant seem to get Ryno to stick to the buildtak.

I’ve used temps from 240 to 265 on hotend and 55 to 65 on bed – no luck.

I’m trying to calibrate the extruder since the measured amount is 99 instead of 100, but I get a message saying No eeprom mapping when trying to set the values.

Can you tell me how to accomplish the extruder calibration?

Also… The printer arrived with a perfectly printed “Phil” – can you tell me exactly what the configuration, temperatures and slicing settings were used to print Phil? Is it Ryno or Nylon X?

Is the manual for matter control in the help section?

November 11th ------------------------------------------------------------
    I’m looking at simplify3d and Pulse XE was not on their list of printers – they did mention the the smoothie firmware is supported - What is the firmware in my Pulse XE with the 32 bit smoothie board?

I also am unable to configure firmware with Mattercontrol – says it cant find the bios I think.

Thanks,
    Terry

• Ryno is like PETG and I print that with tape. I do like PETG better though. I have an older Pulse (C -232) with the mini rambo. IDK if on the new board they enabled the Marlin bed leveling or if they still use MC for thaat. I use Slic3r/prusaslicer and run the generated g-code through mc for bed leveling. As for them being on vacation - possibly but they even in the past did not have enough bodies to do the tech support for all the stuff they sell. Try calling them instead of sending an email. As for setting up a profile in another slicer select a custom printer and then enter the dimensions and copy and paste the start/end gcode from MC. That is a good start

• @mpirringer
    Thanks!
    Do you just open Terminal and Paste the G-code from other slicers or is there another place to edit g-code in mattercontrol? - I searched g-code in mattercontrol, but there is not much info other than for g-code export.

• @thwclw Under printer there is a gcode section and I use copy and paste you can also get it with copy and paste from a gcode file that you sliced on the sd card. Its usually at the beginning something that looks like this is the start code on my c232
    G28 ; home all axes
    M190 S[bed_temperature]
    M109 S[temperature]

; Purge
    G92 E0
    G0 X5 Y5 Z0.8 F1800
    G1 X230 E50 Z0.3 F900
    G92 E0

And this is the end code

; Retract and move away
    G91
    G1 E-[retract_length] F[retract_speed]
    G90
    G0 X5 Y210 F[travel_speed]
    G28 Z0

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    M140 S0 ; turn off heat bed
    M106 S0 ; turn off layer fan

M84 ; disable motors

It pays if you familiarize yourself with g-code cause its always better if you actually know what you are doing

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.