AnyCubic X Mega Pro Upgrade Advice?

• I have a new Anycubic Mega X (300X300X305) that I want to upgrade to print metal if possible. Any advice with regard as to what is needed and sources for acquiring what is needed please advise....all recommendations are welcome.

I am fairly new to this and time is critical for me to be learning on such a steep learning curve. Thanks if you can help.

• The best advice would be to invest in a professional commercial machine that will cost probably 100x what you bought your mega x for.
    Even with some filaments like the BASF 316L, that MH sells, your machine doesn't exactly meet the heatbed requirements. Link to the MH page with said filament:
    Ultrafuse 316LX

Sorry to be curt, but there is no simple and straight forward path that takes you from hobby machine to industrial machine. Good luck.

• This other guys very helpful I see.
    100 x $599 CAD | $499 USD = a whole lot more than a metal 3d printer costs.

To possibly provide a bit more of a helpful answer this is the heat info you need on your machine:

• Use a Glass Bed with Dimafix for proper adhesion.
    • 225°C +/- 10°C is the optimal printing temperature for most machines. Never exceed 250°C.
    • A heated build plate at 110°C +/- 10°C is nominal for improved adhesion.
    • Use an abrasion resistant nozzle that's clean of any other material.

The info on the filament can also be confirmed here:
    https://www.matterhackers.com/store/c/3d-printer-filament/metal-3d-printing-filament-from-basf

Pros to this machine:
    The nozzle will print upwards of 250 so the 225°C +/- 10°C - this temp is not an issue.

The cons to this machine is "stock and unmodified" the Bed only heats to 90 - you need it at 110
    The bed is also not glass so you need another printing bed.
    and the nozzle is certainly not abrasion resistant.

A few extra 100$ bills and I'm sure you could print some metal. I can guarantee though its not going to cost you almost $50,000 (100x what you paid for the Mega X)

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.