Which Printer to buy?

• Just download the software. Don't have a 3D printer yet and that is what I'd like to hear about. I don't necessarily have to buy the cheapest printer there is. What would be a good one to buy. Thanks neferkamichael

• Hi neferkamichael, thanks for your post. I re-positioned it in our 3D printing category since it's more about a printer than the software used. For reference, most any of the printers we sell are compatible with MatterControl, though there are a few exceptions, and I can cover those if you're interested.

Choosing a printer isn't as simple as asking, "Which one is the best?". There's lots of different printers which do the same thing differently, and have pros and cons. To get a better idea of which printer will suit you the best, I have a few questions.

- What's your budget?
    - What kind of material do you want to be able to print with?
    - What is the biggest print you want to be able to do?
    - What is your experience level with 3D printing?
    - Is open source important to you, or are you okay with a printer that has proprietary restrictions if it means a better user experience?

With answers to these, I can provide you with a strong recommendation, assuming one of our printers matches your criteria. Alternatively, you can always stop by our showroom if you're in California, email us at sales@matterhackers.com, or give us a call at 949-613-5838 to discuss the options.

Thanks for your interest in MatterHackers!

• Thank you Ryan. The image above is of bobbins used in electric guitar pickups. Most are made of some kinda plastic and that is the material I would like to stick with, but will take advice. These bobbins are my principle interest at the present time. I have no experience with a 3D printer but would like one that could print something 10 cubic inches perhaps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Okay, that tells me most of what I need to know. What's your budget?

• HP is the most popular brand in the world. The configuration and quality of the HP printer are good to compare than other printers. I suggest that you can buy an HP printer. If Your HP printer is not working properly then, please visit HP Accelerometer Update for the proper solution.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.