Printing with PETG and TPU

• Hi all. I’ve got a Pulse XE and am loving it. It’s like learning to drive with a car waaaaay beyond my abilities.

I’m interested in printing some masks and want to use PERG and TPU. The TPU will be for the areas that touch my face. There’s some great videos on the idea and it does seem to work well. My question is, If I slice with a print speed of 50 mm/s for the PERG and then switch the filament out at a certain point, how do I change the speed for the TPU part? I’ve learned that it needs to be around 15mm/s for our type of printer.

Thanks for everyone’s help!!
    RJ

• @thwclw alt text

The tire on this is TPU purchased from tonerplastics and printed on a chiron with a Volcano with a .8 at .88 outside perimeters and 1.4mm insideperimeters at a max speed of 50mm/sec governed at 15mm3/sec max volumetric E. So you can print TPU faster too.

As for switching from PETG to TPU or TPU to PETG mid print - I have not tried that. Some materials stick to each other - some don't It might delaminate where you switch from PETG to TPU

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.