3d software

• Hello,

I've been looking for nmy perfect 3d software- I've tried several but non of them was the right one.

I need a software that: 1. I can import a textured object in to it and it will stay on

2. will work with topology of tris (triangles) or will be able to convert/retopology to quads without losing the texture

3. will be able to unwrap the object in one piece WITH THE TEXTURE on it

Does anyone knows of a software that will be able to do all of that? or maybe a combination of several softwares (the less -the better)?

Would really appreciate any advice in the subject

Thank you

• Blender?

• Yeah, Blender seems like it should probably do this, but I can't say for sure. If anything I would investigate Blender's features and if they will fit your requirements.

• Thank you! but I must say that I have been "playing" around with blender and I must admit that the tris topology doesn't really work there even with the "tris to quads" option cause my mesh is pretty messy (I import it from a scanner) so importing with texture maybe will work but unwrapping it with the texture-not so much. but thank you . can you think of any other software that might do the trick?

• Honestly, as 3D printing doesn't have much use for texture wrapping as a part of 3D design, we don't have much experience with it at all. Blender is the one program that I've seen it used in, so that was the best I could come up with off the top of my head.

• I sure do appreciate your response. I did try blender and it wasn't to my full satisfaction- the texture did not stay on when I retopologed the mesh from triangles to quads. still thank you for trying....

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.