Qidi X-Max Nozzle

• So I wanted to stock up on spare nozzles for my new X-Max. So they have their own replacements they sell for their low temp extruder, but no replacement for their high temp. Someone suggested using a Mk10 nozzle and cutting some Capricorn Bowden PTFE to length. Would someone agree this will work? I'm worried about damaging the threads. Also I'm fairly new to 3D printing, is there a steel nozzle you'd suggest for carbon/glass fiber filaments, and one that is maybe better quality than Qidi's for low temp, that will also fit.

• Snow,

I see you did not get a response to your question and I will not be much help either. I was actually going to ask if you had resolved this issue. I have been using my high temp extruder with CF Nylon for about a year and never had any issues until now. I am looking for a replacement nozzle but running into the same issue you did. Did you ever find a source for replacement parts for your HT extruder?

Thanks
    Mike

• Global Moderator

@mburman Snow has not been online for two years. Have you given MatterHackers a call yet?

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.