Saving settings by Filament

• After some tweaking and changes I have been successful in printing with ABS, which after my nylon debacle makes me quite happy. One on the main changes was tweaking my Z-offset to achieve the near perfect "squish".

So can I save these settings to my ABS or when I go to a different filament will I have to go through the whole tweaking process when I return to ABS?

Second question is when I change back to a garolite plate and re-level with the Z-offset need to be reset as well?

• MatterHackers

@pverdin said in Saving settings by Filament:

these settings to my ABS or when I go to a different filament will I have to go through the whole tweaking process when I return to ABS?
    Second question is when I change back to a garolite plate and re-level with the Z-offset need to be reset as well?

That would be a neat idea to add down the road but no, you will need to adjust the Z offset accordingly for that.

Yes, I would highly recommend recalibrating your machine when you change any variables like that.

• Thanks Erik,
    Add it to the wish list of the programmers 🙂 I suspected I would have to re-calibrate but always looking for a shortcut.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.