A10 printer

• I have an A10 geetech 3D printer. it's not in the list

• That is about the size of an Ender 3 so you might start with that profile and modify. Or you can just start with "other" and set it up yourself. Just for kicks I tried the Chiron and it will work all you got to do is set the bed size the x and y start and the baud rate. Then you got to write the proper Gcode for the start and stop. The start is not that tough the stop depends on where your printer homes.
    Here is a start code that should work with your printer (no guarantees so use at your own risk)
    G28 ; home all axes
    G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle

M104 S[temperature]

M190 S[bed_temperature]

M109 S[temperature]

; Purge

G92 E0
    G0 X5 Y5 Z1 F1800

G1 X210 E50 Z1 F900 ; assuming your bed is the 220 on the X
    G92 E0

And a safe end G-code

; Retract and move away
    G91
    G1 E-[retract_length] F1200
    G90
    G0 X0 Y220 F1200 ; assuming your printer is 220 on the Y as the specs indicate

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    M140 S0 ; turn off heat bed
    M106 S0 ; turn off layer fan

• Thank you l will try that.

• MatterHackers

@sparkes
    A precaution:

Using another machine Start or End G code that was not written for your machine, in particular, can cause damage.

• Of course you should know what the gcode does and this is similar to some other machines like for example the G28 in the end code is replaced by a G0 X0 Y220 F1200; As I dont know where the machine homes for example the Chiron Homes at 0,-5,0 So if you'd put a G28 on that then you go through the print this way you just wipe away. Alternatively for example the pulse End gcode that comes with it lifts the Z 15mm first which is ok as long as you did not print something at max Z height or close to it in which case you will try to run the Z of the limit. Anyway hence I said - use with caution. Its a suggestion

• Thanks
    the A10 will not connect to the software

• MatterHackers

A list of supported printers can be found below:

https://www.matterhackers.com/store/l/mattercontrol/sk/MKZGTDW6

Generally, as long as the machine uses G Code, MatterControl will be able to control it.
    Though since there are so many printers out there in the world, it is likely that you will need to create your own profile for your machine within the software.

• @sparkes Try to play with the manual settings. When I tried to connect my Chiron it went to com4 at 115k baud and it did nothing changing it to com3 and 250k baud did the trick. Also make sure you have the driver installed that came with the A10 if it came with one

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.