The printing pattern suddenly changed in MC 1.7

• I'm using MatterControl 1.7 and up until yesterday, when a piece is printed the pattern was one layer at 45 degrees and alternate layers at -45 degrees.

Suddenly, yesterday, the printing pattern changed to lines that more or less follow the outside shape of the part without alternating for each layer.

I have looked at all the settings but just don't see what I might have inadvertently changed.
    I also adjusted the acceleration in the Marlin 1.1.9 firmware but don't see anything there that would affect it.

Thoughts?

• MatterHackers

That is interesting indeed.

The first thing I would recommend doing here is upgrading to MatterControl 2.0 which can be downloaded at MatterControl.com.

Beyond that, I am unsure of how or why that happened in particular.

@LarsBrubaker, is this something that can be changed in MC2.0?

• In many slicers that setting is called "concentric infill" check your infill setting. You could also look at the gcode file IDK about 1.7 but most slicers put their settings at the end with ; in front of it or some of them at the beginning

Here is an example from the end of the gcode file of a slice I did with concentric infill
    ; bottom_infill_pattern = concentric
    ; bottom_solid_layers = 7
    ; bridge_flow_ratio = 1.2
    ; bridge_speed = 20
    ; external_perimeter_extrusion_width = 0.48
    ; external_perimeter_speed = 24
    ; external_perimeters_first = 1
    ; extra_perimeters = 1
    ; fill_angle = 45
    ; fill_density = 5%
    ; fill_gaps = 1
    ; fill_pattern = concentric
    ; gap_fill_speed = 22
    ; infill_every_layers = 1
    ; infill_extruder = 1
    ; infill_extrusion_width = 0.96
    ; infill_overlap = 55%
    ; infill_speed = 48
    This is just a small part of the settings

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.