Accuracy problem

• I am looking for someone to verify this. If I call the left to right movement of the hotend the X axis and the forward/back of the Bed the Y axis. The X axis produces a part that is 0.1mm (about 0.04 to 0.05 in) thicker than the Y axis.

What I have done is create an "L" 70mm long and 2mm thick. I am not posting the STL in case there is something "funny" with it. Then I have printed it = properly dialed in in HIPS, ABS, Bridge Nylon, 910, PLA, PETG, with a .4mm nozzle, with a .8mm nozzle sliced in MC and sliced in SLIC3r. And even with the "L" rotated 90 degrees. The same holds true for printing a big box but the "L" is quicker. I use it to dial in extrusion rate as it gives a nice wall that makes problems obvious. I have tested it with Volumetric E and regular E (obviously MC does not do volumetric E) and with different perimeter width and layer height between 25 and 50 % of nozzle diameter. The print comes out looking great its just off in -well the other direction you dialed your extrusion multiplier to. So I'd like to know what causes that as when you do gears it can make a difference it also became obvious on a 148 mm diameter 120 mm tall partial cylindrical 2mm thick wall depicted here
    0_1560645984862_20190615_194707[1].jpg

Printed in ESUN ABS. This was printed in a new experimental way trying to print both fast and accurate and besides the same old directional inaccuracies mentioned above it was a success. This was printed with a .32mm layer height and a .4 nozzle outside perimeter width .48mm inside perimeter width .96mm capped at an extrusion rate of 14.5 mm3/sec (volumetric E) 265 nozzle 100 bed no fan. Its a gear alignment tool for the 404:1 gearbox. But that is another topic.... Realy would like to know if someone could reproduce this on another pulse or other printer. In every case 5 measurements are made on each leg of the "L" and averaged. On the non volumetric the variance is the greatest but the average always holds true.

Hope someone knows what causes this

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.