What is the best way to clean up blemishes on pla with out haveing to paint it?

• What is the best way to clean up blemishes on pla with out haveing to paint it? I just want to tuch up small spots like from supports. But I dont want to have to paint it afterwords to get a good finish. Is there a cemical dry or wet sanding technique that will work or some other method?

• MatterHackers

Unless you want a clear coat like XTC3D, then I do not think there exists a method in which you could accomplish this. The question comes down to a clarification of what kind of blemish are you trying to cover up?

• If your issue is edges you can buy a 30 dollar heatsealing iron on amazon. Set to around 120c and it will soften but not melt the droopy edges. They come with a nonstick surface so it wont stick if the temp is low.

Then find yourself a polished metal rod and lightly rub the edge while cooling and it will shine up.

It takes some practice so try on scraps first.

There are other methods using heated vapors but they can be extremely dangerous.
    Google "vapor polishing" and I am sure you will find the process

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.