Zortrax Inkspire

• I'm researching different LCD and UV/LCD printers to replace my current Formlabs Form1+, which is no longer supported by the company. The Zortrax Inkspire caught my attention because the technology saves me the UV curing step after printing. My purpose is mainly for jewelry so it is nice that it can use different high quality castable resins and I am not chained to the vendor's resin only. Right now, I've looked into the Zortrax Inkspire, and the Phrozen printer, but I'm leaning more towards the Inkspire.

I wonder if anybody here has a Zortrax Inkspire and could share your experience with it... both the good and the bad. In my experience, all printers have their quirks and nothing is really plug-and-play, and many adjustments and calibrations need to happen before they print reliably and in a reproducible way. I'm interested to know what your experience has been in terms of printing time, reproducibility (if you print more than one piece at the time), and resolution.

Thank you so much in advance for any insights on this printer that you may offer.

• MatterHackers

Unfortunately, My knowledge on the Inkspire is quite limited but from what I have seen, it appears to be a capable printer. I have worked with Zortrax printers for the last few years in FDM and for the most part, I have never really had a bad experience. From some of my interactions with Inkspire customers of ours, it seems that it does take some getting used to but for the most part, it is a solid system backed up by a good slicer. The only downside I have seen voiced which is consistent is that the slicer is a bit slow.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.