404:1 Planetary on a Pulse attempt

• The decision have been made the deadline set so now its up to me to print what has been designed at school as I am the one with the 3d printer this is the printing of the past 36 hours or so

1_1558915506507_SANY0037.JPG 0_1558915506505_SANY0036.JPG

namely the ring gears and sun gears. One sun gear is wrong so they will have to mirror it and I will reprint it.

Here by the numbers some technical info there are 3 sections section 1 and 3 are the inputs with 1 CIM motor each. The center stage is the output which is taken off on the big black ring the reason its 2 colors - its whats on hand. Material is Bridge Nylon - again its whats on hand. The design is full involute double helical. Mounting the rings is going to be “fun” as they need to be squeezed and distorted to slip over the planets - you can do that with nylon then each ring gets an outer ring out of something hard like HIPS to keep it in a nice round shape. There are 4 planet stacks which are connected there are going to be bearings on the planet carriers and we will use a 5'/16 6 in bolt as the axle.

All gears are designed with a 14.5 deg pressure angle and a 30 deg. Helix.

Set 1 and 3: Module 1.50185mm (to match the center distances of the center set
    Sun 23 tooth, Planets 31 tooth, ring 85 tooth no unit correction/tooth shift beyond what is required for them being helicals

Center set (2) Module 1.5mm Sun 22,Planet 31 and ring 86. All (sun, planet, ring) have a unit correction/tooth shift to allow the ring to be 86 instead of 84 teeth (84 would not allow evenly spaced planets like the 23,31,85 requires) Each planet set is unique with the center planet rotated based on its position by 0, 2.903. 5.806, 8.71 deg.

Stage 1 and 3 is 29mm and stage 2 is 58mm they are separated by 4mm each.

Goal is to lift about 400lb up a flight of stairs.

Well we will see - its either going to be a triumph or a lesson that things don’t always work out as designed on paper. Either way a lot of learning already went on and is going on so I see it primarily as educational value either way. If it works I will post the cad and probably a video of it in action. Well that is if we can stay within budget (parts in house plus about 100 bucks) to do it. Hence the Bridge Nylon ($36/kg) and the HIPS ($12/kg) CIM motors that will be used were donated by Team 1533

• Brilliant, I will keep an eye out for further posts,Thanks for sharing.
    What software is used in the design work.

• Autodesk inventor. Why? Cause the school got a license and is teaching it in a class.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.