Linux - MC use with Creality Ender-3

• Hi,

I just installed Linux 1.7 MC (MatterControl) version.

I thought MC was able to cover more than print a STL file. I thought it was also able to create new objects but I did not saw this functionnality on this 1.7 version.

I also discovered that my Creality Ender-3 is unknown in the printer list.

And just also realized MC should run on Raspberry Pi.

Could you then answer those questions please.

1. Does the waiting MC version 2 cover thé capability of create/modify new objects ?
    2. When could we hope having the version 2 available for Linux ?
    3. Is the Creality Ender-3 now recognized un the MC v2 printer list ?
    4. Does it means that installing MC on a Raspberry Pi could replace the use of Octoprint with the same capabilities ?

Sincerely thank you for each answer.

Have a nice day.

Miguipda

• MatterHackers

• Yes MatterControl 2.0 will have the STL creation and manipulation functions you are looking for.

• The Linux version is always going to lag behind by quite a bit because our Development team focuses on Windows first and foremost due to most of our users are on Windows.

• Ender 3 is in the current lineup of MC 2.0

• I am not familiar with Octoprint, so I am not sure if MC 2.0 on a Pie will replace Octoprint.

Have a great day!

• Hello,

I'm also new in 3D printing and tried some slicers out to test and compare, also installed MC 1.7.5 on my Linux.
    So far the best slicer found on the internet, MC 1.7.5 does a very great job of rafts, very good and smooth surface on the objects, whereby thank you very much great job MatterHackers !!!
    I use it for developing aquarium tuning parts, where I need to have a very smooth surface for the water flow, Also discovered that my Creality Ender-5 is missing in the printer list, no matter create one, however do have the Ender-3 in the printer list ...
    @Miguipda maybe you can upgrade to MC 1.7.5 ...

@michael-petitclerc some questions related to MC 2.0 it's already 8 months ago and saw a lot of views on this topic ...
    I'm very curious about the MC 2.0 with the results I now already accomplished with MC 1.7.5, also I do agree with Miguipda for having a Octoprint connection which would make it complete handy to send strait the gcode to the printer, even a webcam connection would be fantastic, even greater running it strait on the pi would be amazing .

If you like I'm willing to help and do some testing on Linux.

Thanks in advance of MC 2.0 on Linux !!!
    Much appreciations !!!

Kind Regards,

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.