Unable to connect Pulse to MatterControl

• My printer hasnt been used in a few months due to being busy with life.

I go back to it and try to connect it to MatterControl and it will not connect.

I plug the Pulse into my computer and the computer recognizes the printer and assigns it Com4.

I go to MatterControl and click connect.

I follow the steps (making sure that the printer is not connected when it says that and connecting it when it says to).

When I get to the step that it connects to the printer, i usually get the red error text saying that MatterControl cannot connect to the printer.

IF i dont get that error, it gets stuck in an Attempting to Connect state.

I have tried to do it manually and selected the correct port and again, it gets stuck in 'Attempting to Connect'

I have let it run for 20 minutes and more and it still didnt connect to the printer.

Any suggestions?

• Click on printer and then general an see if you got port 4 selected. Also make sure you don't have another program running using that port. You can also try to set up a new printer and see if it finds it that way (pretend you just got the printer and the current settings is for a different printer) Could be something got messed up in the MC settings - it does happen. If that don't work I;d call tech support. Oh yeah and maybe try a different cable if you got one. Those connectors sometimes don't make good contact

• MatterHackers

Martin is right, I would set up a new printer profile in the Hardware section. We know that there is a bug with the MC2.0 not wanting to connect up with a printer occasionally. I do not believe we have tracked down the issue just yet but we are working on it.

• So I tried un-installing and re-installing MatterControl and creating a new profile.

None of that worked.

What I did find was that my Repitier server was running on startup. When I killed that service via the Task Manager, I was then able to connect Pulse to MatterControl.

So, I think killing the server process made it work.

• @michael-petitclerc
    how long has this bug been active?
    I did an update months ago and then got rid of my Makerbot because my PC quit talking to it. I blamed it on the Makerbot update.
    Now I have a Tevo Tornado. And when I connect it automatically recognizes it as a "RAMP" on the port. But wont act. My arduino wont compile because it doesnt see the printer. And when I look at the driver properties, its a matterhackers driver.
    I uninstalled matterhackers slicer months ago. NO other slicer will work either. Likely due to the driver.
    Your thoughts on this?

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.