Printhead moves to wrong corner after print, grinds belt.

• Hi everyone,

I have been using Mattercontrol for a couple of weeks since I refurbed my Old Solidoodle 2 printer and I am really liking the software. I am having an issue that I can't seem to find any setting to fix.

When a print finishes the print head goes to the back left corner of the print bed and spins the Y-axis motor past the stopping point, which makes a horrible noise as the teeth on the gear slip on the belt.

The corner it goes to is not the home corner. If I click the home button in the printer controls, it peacefully goes to the correct home corner.

I figure there is some command at the end of the Gcode causing it, but I can't find anywhere to configure it differently.

Any suggestions?

• @soapbox1858 Hi, I am having a similar issue, when printing from my Pulse 3d printer, from SD Card Only, at end of print it travels up the Z grinds until I turn it off. I have this issue posted on the forum, and someone from MH is looking into it. same as you, looking at the Gcode of the files etc. When I print direct from the MC software no issues at end of print..so far.

• MatterHackers

@Soapbox1858

That sounds more like the end G-Code is not sending the G28 but telling the system to move differently. Maybe check the end code and see what it sends for homing.

The issue is a little different on the Pulse as that profile is something I can check here being that all of our pulse profiles are uniform and what you have should be the same as mine. @Bretwright have a look at your post and see my message on that one.

Thanks!

• Alright I found the end G-code area. This is what is there:

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature
    G1 X10 Y200
    M84 ; disable motors

• MatterHackers

That G1 move is likely the cause, what it is stating is that the extruder moves to X10 and Y200 based off of home position.

• Should I just replace that line with G28 then?

That would make the bed raise back up too though? So G1 X0 Y0 ?

• Try this - this is my end code on my pulse
    ; Retract and move away
    G91
    G1 E-[retract_length] F1200
    G90
    G0 X5 Y210 F[travel_speed]
    G28 Z0

M140 S0 ; turn off heat bed
    M106 S0 ; turn off layer fan

M84 ; disable motors

• MatterHackers

@mpirringer said in Printhead moves to wrong corner after print, grinds belt.:

Try this - this is my end code on my pulse
    ; Retract and move away
    G91
    G1 E-[retract_length] F1200
    G90
    G0 X5 Y210 F[travel_speed]
    G28 Z0

M140 S0 ; turn off heat bed
    M106 S0 ; turn off layer fan

M84 ; disable motors

I do not recommend copying a persons G-Code from their profile directly unless that person has the same printer. In this case, the user Soapbox1858 has a different unit than the pulse. User Brentwright has a pulse but we were aware of the issue, which at this point should be resolved.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.