Matter Control won't Communicate

• I put a new Control Board in my Prusa i3 Clone. I went from version 1.2 MKS to version 1.4 MKS. The problem is the Printer won't Communicate with the Software? It is on Port #5. And is set right in Matter Control. I assume the Firmware was preloaded by the Vendor!111 Any suggestions?

• Hey

Do you have any other software installed? I have MakerWare installed which runs a background service. If this is running, then I cannot connect to my printer via MatterControl. I have to open MakerWare and select: Stop background services.

Other thing to try would be to use the old firmware of 1.2. Can you upgrade to 1.3?

When i upgraded my makerbot clone from 2.2 to 2.5 it crapped itself. Blank screens, runaway heat on bed. It was only until i put sailfish on it, did it settle down.

Just my 2 cents

Damien

• MatterHackers

In the device manager of your computer, what exactly is being shown on COM Port 5? Does it show a printer or board version or is it just a COM connection?

Did you also set your Baud rate on the software to match that of the new board?

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.