Debian Jessie error with System.Net.Sockets

• Hi, I have used the Ubuntu installer on Debian jessie but cannot get MatterControl to run.

I have think I have mono up to date, it shows:

$ mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 5.0.0 (Stable 5.0.0.100/9667aa6 Thu May 11 14:47:33 UTC 2017)

Can't find any obvious mono libs missing, but when I run MatterControl it starts to display the main UI but after 2 or 3 seconds it crashes.

The error I get in the shell is:

Unhandled Exception:
    System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'.
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ThrowIfDisposedAndClosed () [0x0001b]
    in <76fe267e1bf64ad1a7865d07a5edd3f0>:0  
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.GetSocketOption (System.Net.Sockets.SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, System.Net.Sockets.SocketOptionName optionName) [0x00000] 
    in <76fe267e1bf64ad1a7865d07a5edd3f0>:0  
    at SuperSocket.ClientEngine.TcpClientSession.ProcessConnect (System.Net.Sockets.Socket socket, System.Object state, System.Net.Sockets.SocketAsyncEventArgs e) [0x00060] 
    in <4ba236fbf29248a4985a92e6e3907e4a>:0

etc... it goes on a bit...

Anybody got suggestions on correcting this? I have found some relatively recent discussions suggesting jessie has problems with mono and OpenSSL but could not find a definitive test or resolution.

Thnx,

Les

• Sounds like you are running into this issue.

https://github.com/MatterHackers/MatterControl/issues/1989

For now you will have to either wait for the 1.7.1 build or copy in the updated WebSocket4Net.dll, as didli did.

• That sounds like exactly my issue, if only I knew where to get that newer DLL from. Are there instructions someplace for handling that?

• You'll need to pull it out of the latest beta version of the WebSocket4Net package.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/WebSocket4Net/

• Thanks, that did the trick. Got a shiny new MC coin out of it too : )

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.