Help Needed desperately

• I have an i3 prusa, and just recently the power supply blew up, and took other bits along with it. Have replaced the control boards, but now find still have problems with the motorsthe three ZY and X axis will all home, but they will not trigger individually, anyone any idea what the problem would be. Thanks.

• Here are a few things that I would check:

Have you tried to swap stepper connectors on the controller board to see, if that shows a different result?

Are there any fuses on the controller board that blew?

Do you have the correct firmware version for the board?

Is the power supply voltage stable and within range?

• @tellingmachine said:

>

Here are a few things that I would check:

Have you tried to swap stepper connectors on the controller board to see, if that shows a different result?

Are there any fuses on the controller board that blew?

Do you have the correct firmware version for the board?

Is the power supply voltage stable and within range?

Thanks for the reply.

yes tried changing connections.

The boards are both new, so there should be nothing blown, unless the fuses are smt mounts I would not think so.

I am using Marlin, and that is what it is supposed to use, what I do not know is whether there are some settings I have to change for the i3..

The power supply is New, it reads 12v with the DMM, and it is supposed to be 30 amp. But I have also tried a converted ATX supply which is supposed to be 28amp, so I am lost..

When I bought this as a kit, the firmware was pre-loaded, so I do not know if any changes were made to it..

Got me completely stumped.

• Are you using MatterControl as your host software? Have you looked at the GCode terminal while trying to manually control the x.y and z motors separately?

• Unfortunately I have not been at this long enough to be able to understand G-code.

I have tried this in several programs Simplify3d, Matter control, one thing I did try was a dry run with the print and all the axis went through the mosions, so something is working, but not being abble to move them individually seems to be the problem at hand. I replaced all motor driver boards.

• Where you able to move the steppers before the break down individually? How do you send commands to control them individually?

• Hi solved the problem, seems I had the thermisters plugged in incorrectly.

• Great news 🙂

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.