Keeping filament dry while storing

• I use the toolbox and desiccant shown to store my filaments. Both are avail at the local big box building supply store. The tool box shown is air tight and has a nice seal around the bead where the top closes. The desiccant is available in the paint department. This toolbox fits 9 spools and the desiccant. Empty the desiccant container every six months. This particular toolbox will stack with others and there is a bottom box with wheels.

• Looks great! Thanks for sharing your solution.

• Google "scuba box" 44ltr and 50ltr are ideal.... the 44ltr version holds 6 full reels of filament and a dozen "samples" of 5 or 10mtr

the boxes are watertight and airtight as well as being black to stop UV degradation

I use the 44ltr size with 500grams (a pound weight) coloured silica gel (google) which changes colour when it gets damp... then dry it for a few minutes in a microwave.

should be easy for you.... I'm in the uk and had to find an importer for the scuba box... thanks solent plastics (for anyone in the uk or eu.

malcolm

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.