Eris firmware reset to default; now will not update

• Stays at 290C and wait to drop to 200C forever.

Cura hangs retrieving Firmware version.

Eris has SD card to try.

Thanks,

Gordon

• @GHELM said:

Eris has no SD card to try.
    The "Get Firmware Revision" dims for 2 seconds and the USB LED blinks but no popup.

• Thanks for your post. I'm not sure, but based on the information you've provided thus far, you might be a bit confused about the concepts of software and firmware.

The first screenshot is of MatterControl, your comments mention Cura, and the temperature discrepancy doesn't seem to connect with anything else.

I was very confused until you posted the second screenshot, which depicts the firmware problem you're experiencing with Cura, although it seems that you have a BCN3D version of Cura installed, and to my knowledge the Eris firmware is available only through the SeeMeCNC GitHub page: https://github.com/seemecnc/Firmware/tree/master/Repetier%20Firmware

Ergo, as best as I can tell it looks like you've flashed BCN3D (or that of some other printer) firmware onto the Eris, and perhaps the different thermistor configuration is causing the weird temperature reading. I suggest you get a hold of the correct firmware from the above-linked GitHub page and flash it onto your Eris.

• Ryan,

This helped the temperature reads correct now.

The heater still stays cool(23C); voltage stays at 0V on heater (47ohms) with or without the Red LED lite on the head.

I did the firmware restart commands.

Is there a fuse?

Thanks,

Gordon

• Yes, there are three: http://reprap.org/wiki/Rambo#Fuses

• Ryan,

Where can I buy a new heater resistor?

The value of the mine has increased from ~47 ohms to ~148 ohms.

I believe this was caused by a chip in the resistor at one end where the hole in the aluminum block is dimpled in to stop the resistor from sliding through.

See attached pictures

Thanks,

Gordon

• Is there a 3rd party extruder for Eris?

Thanks,

Gordon

• HE280 Repair Kit solved my last problem.

Thanks for all the help!

Gordon

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.