Rambo 1.3L in custom printer Pin out info.

• last year i got a anet a8 (basic entry lv printer to understand 3d printers) Was actually a much better machine then i thought. o.0

lost my mainboard to power surge. i decided to go with the Rambo 1.3L from matterhackers threw amazon and been very happy ever since a great board. since then have built a whole new machine from scratch.

placing the rambo and a raspbery pi 2 into a handmade aluminum enclosure. id like to clean up a bit. seams the pinout for the 1.3L is hard to find dose anyone have a full pin out not just motor and extruder.

i want a 5v out (Afraid to take a multi meter to my baby without a diagram) powering the raspberry pi2 from gpio so i don't have to have both a power cord and a phone charger connected a clean single power cord to the utility box would be awesome.

• The RAMBo schematic has the most detailed information about the pins. Looks like all the expansion connectors have VCC and GND, so you could tap into any one of them. My only concern is that the 5V regulator on the RAMBo may not be able to put out enough amperage to power the Pi. The Raspberry Pi foundation recommends using a 2A power supply, while the voltage regulator is only rated for 1A.

• thats right forgot about that tho its not using any gui or output like hdmi wander if any info on amp draw when its running in console only mode.... (just looked up ok this isnt going to work tho a pi uses little amps when not running a full gui the usb ports with a wifi dongle will.)

ok looks like a change of plans ill do direct to 12v from psu and use a voltage regulator to step down to 5v.

but to be sure ill have to test the draw and see what the pie is actually using at full tilt printing with Repetier-Server if its 800 or less should be ok to power the pie.

thanks for schematic not sure how i missed that.

will update with what i find out.

(Update: Well that didn't take long to figure out MX1 VCC and GND tho is 5v the rambo won't be able to supply the power so will have to use a voltage regulator just so happens i checked my parts draw and i have a few DC-DC Buck Converters bought a 10 pack on sale some time ago and forgot about them 😄 )

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.