Help with improving print quality- droopy layers?

• Hi everyone. I've been trying to work this out for a couple of days now. Can someone help with why my prints look like this image? I'm using a Robo3D R1+ with E3D V6 hot end, and the latest Matter Control client. I'm using Workday PLA, and have tried temps from 200-215, and 50-60 on the bed. It doesnt effect larger areas like this Benchy as bad. But, I am trying to print the chain links for wire management, and they are smaller and detailed. They are almost unusable. Any advice is appreciated!
    0_1548190284055_IMG_3118.jpg

• MatterHackers

Hey @llamathefuzz

That looks a lot like you might have to adjust the cooling settings in Mattercontrol or make sure that the part cooling fans are actually functioning. I would say to set them to always be on for starters but otherwise I would ask if this happens on other spools of material.

I have not heard of that brand of material before so I am approaching it as part of the problem until it proves its self to be good.

Other options could be the nozzle, if you were using any abrasive materials and switched back to PLA then the nozzle diameter may not be the size you believe it to be.

Just a few starting points to take a look at.

• @michael-petitclerc said in Help with improving print quality- droopy layers?:

Hey @llamathefuzz

That looks a lot like you might have to adjust the cooling settings in Mattercontrol or make sure that the part cooling fans are actually functioning. I would say to set them to always be on for starters but otherwise I would ask if this happens on other spools of material.

I have not heard of that brand of material before so I am approaching it as part of the problem until it proves its self to be good.

Other options could be the nozzle, if you were using any abrasive materials and switched back to PLA then the nozzle diameter may not be the size you believe it to be.

Just a few starting points to take a look at.

Thanks! The brand of the filament is 3D Fuel. https://www.3dfuel.com/
    I think you might be right on the cooling. This printer has never had good part cooling. After updating the hot end to the V6, it only has a single fan on the heat-sink of the heat block. I'm probably going to print a mount for another fan to cool the parts. Also, it could be this spool of filament. I'll try it with another brand. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.