Ultimaker 2+ / 1.75 Filament

• Hello. New to the community here and 3D printing.

I purchased a Hatchbox 3D Alpha over the holiday for my son and I. After many issues with it I decided to return it and found MatterHackers.com. I made a call and placed my order for the Ultimaker 2+. It was delivered on Friday and just not getting some time to open up the box and get started.

The question I have right now is with the filament. I purchased about (10) rolls of filament from Atomic Filament, all 1.75mm. Through my research it looks like the Ultimaker 2+ requires 3mm filament.

With that said, I can not return the 1.75mm filament as we used a little bit of each. Is there a way to convert the printer to use the 1.75mm or should I just try to resale it and order some 3mm?

• @BWilliams said:

Is there a way to convert the printer to use the 1.75mm or should I just try to resale it and order some 3mm?

Converting to a 1.75mm system is probably more trouble than it's worth, especially with a good machine like an Ultimaker. I suggest you stick with the 3mm setup and get some different filament.

• Thanks for the reply. I decided to go that route...

• Let us know if you want to resell and at what price@BWilliams

• This post is deleted!

• @Profkanz

We have (8) rolls of 1.75 available, pretty much brand new rolls. Trying to upload pictures, but not able to figure it out.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.