Performance of MatterControl when slicing models

• MatterControl seems to take FOREVER and regularly consume 5-6GB of Memory to slice models.

For comparison.

In Cura 2.4, I can slice a benchy in under 15 seconds and be ready to put the G-Code on a SD card and print. In doing so, consuming less then 500 Kb of memory

In MatterControl 2.0.0.10065, the same benchy with standard settings takes 58 seconds and consumed 1GB of memory.

Thats a 4x increase in time. I can compare more models if you would like...

• MatterHackers

Hey @Rsteel517

Do you mind sending us some of your details on the kind of computer you are running MC 2.0 off of. There might be some sort of compatibility issue as this is not quite normal.

Operating system:
    Processor:
    GPU:

I am sorry that this seems to have come up but we will do our best to resolve it out. I would ask if you could check to make sure that the drivers for the computer are all up to date. Thanks!

• @michael-petitclerc

Sure thing, its not a brand new PC, but I have no issues running very heavy software on it (Siemens NX, PTC Creo).

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHZ
    Installed Ram: 12.0 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M

• MatterHackers

Thanks for the feedback. The slicing performance will be improving throughout the next several releases.

Now that 2.0 is out we have a much better platform to work on this and many other improvements.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.