Text is printing backwards

• So I started setting up MatterControl a few weeks ago and been playing with it off and on. I was using Repetier server and had my printer working just fine but saw MatterControl and thought it looked a little nicer. Anyways after calibrating all the motors to make sure everything was right I started a test print and I printed the word “test”. Well it printed a mirrored image of it. Not sure why it would do that. Anyone have any ideas?

• MatterHackers

Did you build the printer yourself? I had this happen with my first Mendel90 build. I had the X motor wired backward and had adjusted all my firmware settings to make it work without ever noticing.

I printed and entire set of parts for another printer before I noticed. I was trying to build the new printer and kept having the instructions not match my parts.

• Yes I built it myself and have had it running for quite awhile but I guess everything I printed has been symmetrical or just didn’t really think that it was backwards. I’ll have to check that. Thank you

• So I have been on bit of a off time with my printer after getting rather frustrated with it. Well I started it up again to see if I could resolve this issue and one more question I have is, is there a way to make the print bed reference 0,0 on the bottom right of the screen instead of bottom left? I have flipped around my motor and played with reversing motors in the firmware but nothing seams to change it.

• MatterHackers

Hey @jonathan9573

Welcome back, i hope the machine is not causing you too much frustration here. I know all to well that some printers are more finicky than others.

So you should be able to reference that your 0,0 point is in the bottom right in the firmware for the printer. So the easy way to explain this is if the end stops for the printer x,y, and z are in the bottom right and you wanted to flip the origin point without changing the endstops you would need to tell the firmware that the x and y minimum is a negative value based off your bed volume. so a 200x200 bed would show a -200x-min and -200y-min to change to the opposite corner. so changing just the -200x-min is what you want to do.

Then in MatterControl you would want to be sure that the "Center point" of the bed is set to the corresponding -100 x 100.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.