Frequent crashes

• I am wondering if anyone else experiences a lot of crashing with the Android app. I don't know if it's hardware or software related, or both. I've had prints take three tries to complete, crashing at 3-8 hours into the job, which is extremely frustrating when I come in in the morning and instead of a completed part I have a message that says "unfortunately MatterControl has stopped". The other day I wasn't even printing, just had the printer on and the app open, and it shut down about three times just sitting there. Also, there is a bug in the dialog box for Editing imported files...if I edit, then I want to rotate a part, the default is 45 degrees. When I want to change this, I select the box and the text screen pops up. If I clear the box and then select numerical input(123 button), it automatically adds a zero. Actually it seems to do this in every numerical dialog box. I'm new to the forum and new to 3D printing, but it seems like the MatterControl Touch is a very glitchy system. I'm just curious how other users rate their experience.

• Most of the issues you're describing sound more indicative of a defective unit than they do of the MatterControl Touch's normal behavior. To be clear, there are known issues with stability but what you're describing goes beyond those.

Please send an email with your order number to support@matterhackers.com and we'll make arrangements to get a replacement out to you.

The issue with the '0' in the Rotate input field is a bug and our development team will have to address that separately as they continue to improve MatterControl.

• trying to use a touch too. Very sloppy USB connecters. And it sometimes picks up printer. Then crashes.

• I have been having the same issues. When I print using my computer, the prints have worked fine, but with the Touch tablet, my printer just stops printing and turns the heat off on the machine right in the middle of the print. I agree that it is a very glitchy system, and if this is typical of how the Touch works, I would like my money back.

• @jskotz @jlheadrick The issues you're describing don't sound like how the Touch is supposed to operate.

We've got a stability update coming for the Touch - the alpha build should be out next week.

Of course, MatterHackers offers a 30-day return policy for its products including the MatterControl Touch. If you're not satisfied, please send an email to support@matterhackers.com with your order number and we'll get you taken care of.

• I experience crashes as well when printing jobs that last more than three hours. It acts like the touch runs out of memory. Any solutions would be helpful

• @bvivers We've got a new version of MatterControl for the Touch with lots of stability fixes almost ready for alpha testing later today. Hopefully this will address your and many other similar issues. The stable version should be a couple of weeks after the test release.

To update to the alpha build when it's available, navigate to the Options tab -> Application Settings -> Update Notification Feed and select 'Alpha'.

• I just purchased a "Touch" and uploaded the latest patches/updates and I too am seeing exactly the same issues being described here. I have a print that is supposed to take about 2 hours and 20 minutes and it keeps just stopping in mid-print using the Touch. The most recent attempt left the hotend and bed both still heating. The first time, everything reset. The Touch appears to reload or reboot itself every time this happens. Evidently, the stability patch - well - isn't.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.