getting x and y offsets for the second nozzle

• I have a dual extruder 3D printer, and intend to use the second extruder to print support structure. What is the procedure to obtain the X and Y offset of that second extruder?

• If the printer's manufacturer has the information, that's the best place to get the offset between extruder nozzles. Otherwise, you might have to measure.

Typically, the nozzles are only offset by the X value, though, as nozzles tend to be next to each other along the X axis.

• Thanks! I am using the formbot printer, which does not have offset information. Of course it does not mean to have Y offset, but small inaccuracies will result in Y offset.

So are you suggesting me to use a caliper to measure displacement between the center of the nozzle holes and enter it as X offset? The issue is that the extruder is not a chimera, where both nozzles are fixed onto a piece of metal, the X cartridge of the formbot is 3D printed and holds two independent extruders with screw and friction, so it is easy to have unintended Y offset.

And how tight the tolerance is required for 2-nozzle operation for the purpose of using the second nozzle to print soluble structure?

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.