QC on "standard" PLA?

• Re: Difference between MH Pro and regular PLA

I wonder if there is more difference than the pigment. I recently loaded a reel of Standard white MH PA to run a large print job, and came back later to find it was not working at all: very stringy, the model was like a mesh of filament instead of the solid sided object it is supposed to be. Note that we've been running three Ultimakers for years now and have a lot of experience with all types of filament, and I've never had PLA fail like this. After restarting the print job with a different brand of PLA, I did some testing with the MH standard white and a new plated nozzle, running the temperature up and down to see how it behaved. It just has terrible adhesion at any temperature and speed. I'm probably going to have to chuck it. I'm just hoping the PLA being sold for the Masterspool reels is a different manufacturer.

• MatterHackers

Hey @stringman ,

I hop this spool of Build material did not cause you too much trouble, there are variances in the material within each batch of Build material, but this is something different.

If you do happen to have the spool still please reach out to us and we will be happy to work with you.

find us at support@matterhackers.com

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.