Linux Mint 19 64-bit has no USB serial connection

• Re: Linux Mint no Usb serial connection

Setup Info
    Linux Mint 19 64-bit, MatterControl 1.7.5, TronXY X6D, USB ports verified by removing/reconnecting USB lead, libSetSerial present in /usr/lib/MatterControl

Problem
    Repetier Host identifies an additional port not indicated by MatterControl, and that is /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0

The port which MatterControl does see is /dev/ttyUSB0 and this does not connect in under MatterControl.

However, in order for Repetier Host to connect to the X6D via either of the discovered USB ports, I still had to run Repetier Server.

(Interestingly Repetier Server finds and additional Port which neither Host or MC finds and that is /dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.0-usb-0:1:1.0-port0 and it would appear that all three are variants of dev/ttyUSB0 )

What are my options?

Solution
    RTF-running-under-linux-M!!! Don't skip information such as "Add yourself to the dialout group" - all good now; I deleted all previous printer setups, ran the Wizard, selected Other > Other Prusa i3 and Voila! We have connection!

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.