Linux Mint 19 64-bit has no USB serial connection

• Re: Linux Mint no Usb serial connection

Setup Info
    Linux Mint 19 64-bit, MatterControl 1.7.5, TronXY X6D, USB ports verified by removing/reconnecting USB lead, libSetSerial present in /usr/lib/MatterControl

Problem
    Repetier Host identifies an additional port not indicated by MatterControl, and that is /dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB2.0-Serial-if00-port0

The port which MatterControl does see is /dev/ttyUSB0 and this does not connect in under MatterControl.

However, in order for Repetier Host to connect to the X6D via either of the discovered USB ports, I still had to run Repetier Server.

(Interestingly Repetier Server finds and additional Port which neither Host or MC finds and that is /dev/serial/by-path/pci-0000:00:1d.0-usb-0:1:1.0-port0 and it would appear that all three are variants of dev/ttyUSB0 )

What are my options?

Solution
    RTF-running-under-linux-M!!! Don't skip information such as "Add yourself to the dialout group" - all good now; I deleted all previous printer setups, ran the Wizard, selected Other > Other Prusa i3 and Voila! We have connection!

• Hi...If you have an option in the HP bios for legacy boot, choose that, and retry booting. Did you read the "release notes" for Linux Mint 19? If the HP has only a 32-bit CPU, it will not boot the 64-bit versions of Linux Mint, and you will have to install a 32-bit version.
    Is this Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon edition that you have been trying to boot into? You might consider trying another Linux Mint edition like "Mate" or "Xfce" and see if that works.

pcb assembly process

• MatterHackers

Hey @HoltRead

Thanks for the insight, this one is not one of my strong suites so I would not normally be able to help someone with this.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.