Mac Version freezing immediately after install

• Downloaded latest version (1.5.1) for Mac OS X ( i have 10.11.3 installed). Appears to install OK, icon shows on dock. but that is all. "not responding"

Any suggestions how to get this working?

Thanks, Jon

• The following instructions should give us a little more information about what's going on:

First, you'll need to launch MatterControl using a special file located in the application's package contents. Navigate to the Applications folder and right click on MatterControl. Choose 'Show Package Contents'. Navigate to Contents -> MacOS and double click the MatterControlMac file. This will open a terminal window that will return the raw output of the MatterControl application as it operates. This is what we need to see.

Assuming you're able to and the window doesn't close due to a crash, copy all output from the OS X Terminal window, paste it into a text file. Please either post that file, or paste the contents here.

• Thanks.

The terminal window has the following:

Last login: Tue Apr 12 10:17:27 on ttys000
    Home-iMac:~ jonholmes$ /Applications/MatterControl.app/Contents/MacOS/MatterControlMac ; exit;
    126 ms 1
    3 ms 2
    0 ms 3
    3 ms 4
    Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file

• Have you tried just waiting a few minutes to see if it works after a while? We have seen an issue on the Mac where MatterControl simply takes a (really) long time to open.

• Yes, I left it "going" for quite a while yesterday - nothing happened. And it still was freezing today.

However, the good news!

After reading your last reply, I decided to leave it "going" again, so I wrote down the time, clicked on the application....and it is working now!

I guess it does need time to do something (or the terminal program is magic)

Thanks for your help, Jon

• There are still problems.

If I try to go to Layer view, the press Generate as instructed, I get an error report (which I submitted)

Also, the apple icon and the MatterControl icon on the top left of screen do not respond in any way.

Looks like your connection to MatterHackers Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.